Informations CoVid-19 – 06/05/2020
It’s a difficult time the World is going through because of this health crisis. We wholeheartedly support the people working for everyone.
Unfortunately, we are currently unable to open the campsite to provide rest and relaxation for all of you.
According to the news, we do not have an exact opening date for the campsite. For now, it is set for June 1st, the date of the end of deconfinement in France. Indeed, we are awaiting information from May 14th to learn more about the opening capacities of outdoor hotel establishments.
As we can not open for May, we will contact holidaymakers who booked in May to offer them a credit that can be carried over to 2021, as permitted by the government ordinance of March 25, 2020.
For people who have a reservation after June 1st, we have to wait to know if we can open or not.
The state of health emergency in France is currently extended until July 24, 2020, but don’t worry, this does not mean that we will not be able to open the campsite.
At this time, the France has not closed the frontiers with all the countries of Europe.
Know that we are by your side, and that this crisis is putting the French and world economies, among others, in serious danger. We must all stand together and find a solution together so that the crisis ends.
Be careful, stay home to avoid spreading. We will put in place the health security necessary to welcome you as soon as we reopen.
Bénédicte and Lionel
Camping Les Verguettes
Our camp-site is in the Vaucluse beneath Mont Ventoux, and the Gorges de la Nesque – a natural canyon near the National Park of Luberon.
You will love the weather and the calm and friendly welcome of a small, typically Provençal village.
The site is ideal, with restaurants, trails, historical visits, biking and hiking tours.
A few kilometres from Avignon in the heart of Provence, Camping **** Les Verguettes allows you to discover the South of France, from Mont Ventoux to L’Isle-sur-la-Sorgue, the lavender fields of Sault and the hilltop villages of the area (Gordes, Venasque).
Come and relax in this natural area.
Bénédicte & Lionel
News 2020: Expansion of the campsite
6 new Premium cottages with garden and view of Mont Ventoux,
including one with facilities for handicap.
A Fitness area,
Renovated toilets area at the reception and next to the car park,
And still lots of new things to discover!
Opening Dates and Promotions
New dates : Open from June 1st to October 22d, 2020
Tourist attractions of the camp site
Unusual things to do starting from the camp-site, go to many places and take walks:
- For lovers of nature the camp site is located between Monts du Vaucluse and Mont Ventoux – the highest mountain in the area.
- For cyclists, Mont Ventoux can be reached in few minutes (10 kms) on a flat and smooth road.
- For walkers, you can get to the splendid Nesque canyon, see the red ochre in the forest of Mormoiron, and take many walks in the fields of lavender and the wooded hills around the camp site.
- For gourmets, you can savour the Vaucluse wine in the Cave Terraventoux, just near our camp site.
And for everyone, the Provence offers famous historical and natural sites (Avignon, Rustrel, Roussillon) and also small, typical villages which are not so far from our camp-site (Sault, Blauvac, Méthamis, Venasque).
A camping experience for the whole family
The camp site offers you a lot of activities for everyone.
- The warmed pool is pleasant in Spring and Summer, for swimmers and for children. A paddling pool is available for youngsters.
- People who go for sport can stay at the camp site and enjoy the multis-sports area, pétanque (like boules) and mini-golf. In summer, we organise weekly sports tournaments.
- Children from 1 to 12 years old can play and take part in various activities: zip line on an acrobatic path, the inflatable giraffe, playground and activities for little ones under 3 years old (drawing, balancing games, board games, etc). In summer, special shows are put on for children.
- If you just want to relax, there is the patio under the olives trees, a library of books in various languages and for all ages, yoga sessions and a weekly concert in summer and on public holidays.
- In the village, 5 restaurants and pizzeria are located at 5 minutes from the camping, by foot. Some “food trucks” come in the camping during the summer.